Cohda Wireless’ 5th generation On–Board Unit (OBU) is proven ready for large–scale field trials, aftermarket deployments, or to serve as a reference design for automotive production.
Cohda’s fifth-generation On-Board Unit (OBU), the MK5 is a small, low-cost, rugged module that can be retrofitted to vehicles for aftermarket deployment or field trials, and can also serve as a design reference for automotive production and Smart City deployments
The MK5 exchanges data at high speeds over extended distances, providing class-leading reaction times to potential hazards and safety-critical scenarios. In challenging outdoor conditions where no line-of-sight is available, its radio performance is unmatched.
Based on the automotive-grade RoadLINK chipset developed by Cohda in collaboration with NXP Semiconductors, it is a leader in global V2X trials and offers a robust, secure foundation for the intelligent transport systems of the future.
- Dual IEEE 802.11p radio;
- Powerful processor running Cohda software applications;
- Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) that delivers lane-level accuracy;
- Integrated security;
- Hardware acceleration;
- Tamper-proof key storage;
- NXP chips with Cohda firmware;
- Supports DSRC (IEEE 802.11p), Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n) wireless standards, C-V2X.