NXP Introduces RoadLINK® V2X Evaluation Kit 2.0
- RoadLINK V2X Evaluation Kit 2.0 provides foundation for on board unit development
- Kit based on the NXP SAF5400 integrated single chip modem and optional SXF1800 secure element
- Single Chip modem offers easier development across multiple regions including Japan, Korea and U.S.
- ASIL-B features of SAF5400 support Functional Safety designs of carmakers and Tier1 suppliers.
- Supports new use cases, such as truck platooning, with true dual channel MRC diversity
Copenhagen — NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ: NXPI), has announced the RoadLINK Evaluation Kit 2.0. The kit, based on NXP’s SAF5400 single chip modem and its optional SXF 1800 secure element, provides a full featured solution for the development of secure V2X on board units (OBUs). As a high-performance foundation for V2X that is applicable to markets in Japan, Korea and the U.S., the kit aims to make V2X development easier for customers at the frontier of vehicle to everything communications.
In the quest to deliver V2X capabilities to the volume automotive market, developers seek tools that allow them to expand the boundaries of V2X development into emerging application areas such as truck platooning, vehicle to infrastructure and vehicle to vulnerable road user communications. To bring these new applications to market requires development tools that reduce the complexity of on-board unit development.
The RoadLINK V2X Evaluation Kit 2.0 Includes
- Integrated V2X development platform that addresses global markets based on NXP SAF5400 single chip modem and optional SXF1800 secure element
- Support for antenna compensator and optional dual channel operation
- Platform is open for different V2X Software stacks – Cohda Wireless V2X stack already ported
- Support package for Linux and optional QNX
- Integrated i.MX application processor and in-vehicle network interfaces
- High performance ECDSA verification engine
- Supports 760MHz band for Japan DSRC
- Complete reference design available for customers as starting point for custom solutions
- Dedicated compensator unit/reference design for remote second antenna support
- Enablement of RF testing to test sensitivity, output power and spectral mask [Class C] testing
- Multiple connectors to make interfacing easy with different MCU/AP
ABOUT COHDA WIRELESS
Cohda Wireless is a global leader in the development of Connected Autonomous Vehicle (CAV) software with proven applications for Smart City, Mining and other environments. Cohda’s technology connects vehicles with infrastructure and pedestrians to make our streets, cities and working environments safer, smarter and greener. Cohda is headquartered in Australia and has offices in Europe, China and the USA.
Cohda Wireless’s innovative software solutions enable autonomous vehicles to connect with other vehicles and with Smart City infrastructure via vehicle-to-everything communications (V2X). These connections span vehicle¬to¬vehicle (V2V), vehicle¬to¬infrastructure (V2I), and vehicle¬to-pedestrian (V2P) capabilities, allowing CAVs to communicate with each other, Smart Cities, and vulnerable road users in order to avoid accidents, reduce congestion and be more efficient. Cohda partners with Tier 1 automotive suppliers, ITS equipment vendors, and mining equipment technology and services (METS) vendors to provide complete hardware/software solutions to automakers, Smart Cities, and mine operators, respectively. Cohda’s products are used widely in locations including the USA, Europe, Australia, Japan, Africa, Middle East, China, Singapore, Taiwan, and Korea.
All media enquiries can be directed to:
Grant Law Public Relations
+61 488 518 414 / firstname.lastname@example.org
About NXP Semiconductors
NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ:NXPI) enables secure connections and infrastructure for a smarter world, advancing solutions that make lives easier, better and safer. As the world leader in secure connectivity solutions for embedded applications, NXP is driving innovation in the secure connected vehicle, end-to-end security & privacy and smart connected solutions markets. Built on more than 60 years of combined experience and expertise, the company has over 30,000 employees in more than 30 countries and posted revenue of $9.26 billion in 2017. Find out more at www.nxp.com